Happy, Happy Friday!
Hello everybody, and happy Friday. I’ve longed for the weekend because I need that rest. I’m having a few health issues, but all-in-all … I don’t feel like myself. So I’m hoping that I can decompress and feel more like myself soon.
I know that sadness is a part of life that no one is exempt from, and I’ve always just gotten through my gray patches. Having stressful decisions to make or having others cast doubt with their own opinions about things you’re already struggling with is not helpful. Deep down I know what my body needs and what I need to do to live my best life.
Despite all of that, here’s what I’ve been up to this week.
What Happened This Week?
It’s been a pretty slow week, and we are still watching my girl cat [Trinity] closely. She can’t tell us she’s in pain or that she feels bad, so it’s just one thing that constantly concerns me.
“B” treated me to a movie this week and we saw “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” which was very good. If you like Quenton Tarantino you’ll appreciate the craft and enjoy this movie.
Loving This Week in Pictures
 When I first spotted this clip-on Afro puff, I thought … I need it, but then I thought okay how am I gonna make this work. So far I love it. This puff cinches like a little purse onto your hair. and it has combs on the inside so it stays secure.
It’s perfect on the days where my hair is not cooperating, and I don’t want to worry about styling. [And yes … it’s really hard to take a picture of the back of your head … lol]
 I don’t diet because it’s so daunting, but I have changed my eating habits due to my Type 2. Over the past 6 months, I’ve noticed that I’m gaining back the weight I initially lost so I need to step it up again. Right now I want to focus on adding more cardio to my routines.
 Looking for a movie this weekend? Check out “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”. DiCaprio and Pitt are great in this movie with their dry sense of humor and I found it extremely entertaining. [image: Fandango]
 I’m not only sorting out things at home but at work also. August is slow, and during this period I take the time to get all my supplies ordered and sorted out for September.
Check out my other posts this week
Fall Decor Essentials
Fall is hands-down my absolute favorite time of the year. The leaves are changing colors, the delicious hot beverages, and especially the home decor. Also, Fall is when I take my vacation, and one more reason to love it.
Of course, it’s August, and no one is thinking about Fall. Folks just want to extend Summer and parlay in what little time they have left. Hey … I understand, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get your home … Fall decor ready.
I’ve curated a small list of essentials items to give any space that cozy feeling of Fall.
1. Candles + Bath & Body Works … The smell of Butter Pecan, Vanilla, Carmel, and Pumpkin are intoxicating and can make any space feel warm and cozy. Right now all 3-wick candles are $10 off.
2. Throw Blanket + Amazon // Who’s not addicted to the stylish cozy throw blanket. Perfect for cozying up to binge movies, or read a book, or for that cat-nap.
3. Faux Pumpkins + Homey Oh My! // Gone are the standard orange pumpkin decor. Now pumpkins come in an array of colors and shapes, or you can DIY your pumpkin with a tye-die style, stencils, or chalk paint. The possibilities are endless.
4. Signage [Fall Quote] + Etsy // I love cute Fall quotes and signage. I love them so much that I’ve run out of room to store all my goodies. This sign comes from Etsy, but you can find Fall signage at Michael’s, A.C. Moore, and Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupons during this time.
5. Faux Leaves + Amazon // There are so many ways you can decorate with Fall leaves. I have a few sets that I purchased at Michael’s 3 years ago, and I use them for staging my little fall area’s, or I put them in lanterns.
Faux leaves are also good to work with if your crafting. You can make a bowl using modge-podge, or they can be used in a costume, or school projects. I just love how they add a pop of color to any space.
6. Throw Pillows + Kirklands // I love throw pillows. I don’t get to keep them out as often as I want to (because I don’t want my cat turning the into a bed…lol) but I love the look. This is another easy way to add some Fall decor to your home.
Fall Decor Shopping and Inspiration
Other Fall Decor Ideas
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit the blog today. Don’t forget to show some love with a “like” or hit that “Subscribe” button and join the fam. I hope you have a great weekend. — Peace —
Product Offer Links
Check out the all new Amazon Echo Dot for Kids!
Find affordable, organic items on Thrive Market. Get an extra 25% OFF your first order + a 30 day free trial membership when you sign up at Thrive Market! (Valid on orders $49+, max $20 discount)
Check out Erin Condren’s Life Planners to get organized for work, school, and all your other activities in between