The Best Products for a Good Spring Clean
How ya’ll feelin’!
“There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it..” — Andrew Jackson
Hello friends and happy Friday. It’s a good day to have a good day. It’s been a week of …I don’t even know what to call it but I hope you are doing well, taking care of your body and mind, drinking plenty of water, and checking in with friends and family.
As Spring approaches we start thinking about cleaning, decorating, and breathing some life into our spaces. I don’t have long Winters where I live in this region (glad it’s still cold here) but it’s something about Spring that jazzes everything up and gets you excited.
Today I’m sharing a few (tried and true) products that I don’t just use for spring cleaning but my everyday cleaning. Managing any size household can be difficult but just a little elbow grease and a few of these products can refresh your space.
My Favorite Little Helpers
(1) Dr. Bronner’s Castle Soap – Can be used in a multitude of things as well as mixed with vinegar to make an AP cleaner.
(2) Dawn Power Wash – I tell you voodoo magic is at work here because I use this for everything. Not just on dishes but carpet stains, I scrub my tub and sink with it. Also, we have an old Formica countertop that shows every single stain. I just spray a little Powerwash and let it sit, then the stain is gone.
(3) Microfiber Cleaning Cloths – These cloths are so very versatile and can be used on windows, the kitchen, and the bathroom. They really soak up water so you can also dry your dishes and pick up spills.
(4) Scrub Mommy – Great AP dual-sided scrubber that can be used on dishes, the stove and I use to buff out scratches in my porcelain sink.
(5) Clorox Scentiva Wipes – Great for quick clean-up in the bathroom or around the house. It has a light coconut scent that I love.
(6) Lysol Hydrogen Peroxide AP Cleaner – I primarily use this in the bathroom but it’s good for all surfaces if you don’t like a bleachy smell, and it gets the job done.
(7) Scrub Brush – It’s time for a new one because I’ve had mine for a while and I LOVE IT. I use it to scrub my shower floor and tub, although it’s meant for grout and it works great on that as well.
(8) Swiffer Extender Handle Duster – Where would I be without this tool? We have 12 ft ceilings and I can get all the crown molding in my home, all my vents, and anywhere that can collect dust or cobwebs.
(9) Bissell Steam Bot – The best $35 dollar investment ever! Mine is two years old and hands down I don’t know what I’d do without it. This powerful steamer is good for everything. Since Spring is approaching I use this for my window seals and it blows away everything. (NO CLEANER NEEDED) I’ve also used it to clean my bathroom and kitchen floor grout. It’s great for the shower or bathtub and it’s just all-around magic. But be warned you will see grime that you never thought existed.
- After a good clean, I love to burn some candles or light some incense just as a little treat for all that hard work.
- A NOD: This great (small business, woman-owned) shop called Stiki Icki has the best-smelling incense.
- Fresh flowers also add a touch of Spring to your home or any space. They also smell fantastic and alone are a great piece of decor. Shop your local grocery store or Trader Joe’s for great flower options.
- SPLURGE: If you’re looking to also clean the air an air purifier helps with cleaning all the allergy-causing pollutants out of your space. Since they are smaller and compact it doesn’t have to take up the entire room or be really noisy to be efficient.
Thank you for spending a little time with me here today. Don’t forget to subscribe if you enjoyed this post. Have a great weekend. — Peace
and start creating your next project