31 Days of Halloween: Day #13 …Small Porch Halloween Decor
Hello and welcome to Day #13 of the 31 Days of Halloween.
“The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes, and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.” — Unknown
Hello darlings and how are you today? I hope your doing well and enjoying some Fall weather, staying hydrated, and checking in with friends and family this season.
We don’t all have large porches or outdoor areas to decorate for Halloween or Fall. Sometimes you just have your front door, small porch, or balcony. Just because your space is small doesn’t mean you can’t do something for the season.
Today I’m sharing some Halloween decor for “outside” small spaces!
Your front door is the first thing that people can see so why not add a festive wreath or doormat? There so many cheap options this year for Seasonal doormats, and with wreaths, the skies the limit, or you can DIY you’re own.
Stay Spooky Mat (Etsy) with Tapestry Rug (Target)
Welcome Halloween Mat (Etsy) with Woven Accent Rug (Target)
Boo Mat (Etsy) with Plaid Rug (World Market)
I Smell Children Mat (Etsy) with Plaid Rug (World Market)
SIDE PORCH OR BALCONY
I think porches are fairly easy but balconies can be a little harder depending on the size. Sometimes decor might get in the way of a small space or be awkward for daily use. Balconies are a bit different because their use varies.
It depends on how high you are, and what the building permits. However, it’s still a space that you can decorate on occasion, and make it festive.
Here are a few balcony or porch ideas.
- Mums are great and cheap but they do require watering. Check out your local hardware store, Walmart, or your local grocery store.
- You can’t go wrong with different-sized pumpkins. (Note: Soak them in water with a little bleach to keep the critters from eating them) Right now they are available everywhere, no matter if they’re fake or real.
- Lanterns always look beautiful in a small space and they really help to add layers to your decor.
- Luminaries are easy to make and you can turn witches’ hats into festive decor with LED lights and fishing wire. Because they hang they won’t disrupt your walkway, and can also be turned on with a remote and timer.
- Flamless candles also work well on a small porch or balcony. They can be hung or placed and work with a remote.
- Signage always looks great but it depends on the space you’re working with. You can also DIY your sign and create a custom design.
- Broom decor is also much cheaper this year and make a great addition for Fall or Halloween Decor
- Mat black spray paint is your friend. You turn all your average ordinary items into moody Halloween Decor.
- Check out your local hardware store for things like fishing wire, LED candles, wood decor, and Command strips to hang your items.
Well friends I’ll end this post here. Don’t forget to like and subscribe. I’ll see you back here tomorrow. — Happy Halloween!