Summer Cooking | Sheet Pan Meal
Well my libations series is done so I thought I would add some meals that are easy to prepare + and light for summer. Some of these I’ve tried and some are already in que for some tasty Sunday dinners. The Garlic Butter with Chicken + Asparagus recipe comes from Eatwell 101 and it just can’t get any easier.
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SHEET PAN CHICKEN
- 6 to 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 to 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 coffeespoon Italian herbs (dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, lemon juice, garlic, honey, Italian herbs; season with salt and pepper, to taste and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium fire, brown chicken thighs on both sides for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Arrange browned chicken thighs and asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle and brush the butter mixture over the chicken and asparagus and arrange lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Bake into the oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
I tried this meal last month + and it was fantastic. Simple ingredients + not too many steps and overall a great meal.
I think we had it with rice pilaf [I can’t remember] but it was so tasty and for two people + this stretched out for about 3 days … I hope you give it a try … if so let me know in the comments … and if you like this post + show some love by following.