Spring Libations | Raspberry Basil Margarita
Hello Friends! I bring you yet another refreshing libation + and this one says that it “taste like sunshine in a glass” … now I ask you + who doesn’t want that. [More please]
Raspberry Basil Margarita
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 cup blanco tequila
- 3 oz (90ml) Cointreau
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 4-6 basil leaves
- Ice cubes
- Sugar, for rimming the glasses
1. Pour about 1/4 cup of sugar onto a small side plate. Rub the juiced lime around the edge of your glasses, then dip each glass into the plate of sugar to rim the edges. Fill each glass with ice cubes.
2. Place the raspberries, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and honey into a blender. Blend thoroughly on high until the raspberries are pulverized.
3. Finely chop basil leaves and place into the bottom of a decanter or cocktail shaker. Muddle the basil to release the flavors and oils.
4. Filter and pour the blended margarita ingredients into the decanter along with basil and stir vigorously to incorporate. Pour into iced glasses, enjoy!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. If you try out this cocktail + let me know in the comments. Have a great day and a happy weekend + and don’t forget to “like” + “comment” and “follow”.