Project #9: Coffee Table Book *Update*

As promised I knew that I would continue this project off-line with better materials.  I purchased some small wood pieces (about 2.5″ by 3.5″) from Micheal’s.  I had just about given up when I found these in the wood ornaments section.  They were .29 cents each and they only had 25 so I purchased the whole little bin.  + Because the pieces are thin I knew that I would glue them together.  + I used two pieces for the magazines and 3 pieces for the coffee table books using a strong adhesive (Gorilla Crazy Glue). + The harder part was in the printing and getting the front and back covers (if there were any) to match and line up correctly. + Yes I’m a bad person for printing these at work considering how many duds I went through to get them right. + But I knew (like I mentioned in my last post) that this would work better on a laser printer vs. my Canon. My Canon is a good printer with the correct paper, however I didn’t want to bleed all o my ink, and the black in seemed spotty and looked more gray vs. a true black. + I should have used the dropper in Photoshop to match the black exactly because no one black color is alike and they all print different from printer to printer.
Here are a few pics of how they turned out.
I think they came out great with a bit of effort, and since I used wood vs. foam core they’re very sturdy.  + In the future I may try a different type paper, however plain printer paper glues down really well. + This project will be ongoing so I can eventually have a really tall book stack in the corner of the condo. + I will probably make some sort of book display next, as I continue to tackle smaller projects before I move onto anything big, and that’s only because I’ve got a lot going on with my daytime gig.
Thank you so much for stopping by, and come back next Sunday for more miniature decor DIYs on The Dollplace Project.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply