Dollplace_repost

Project #5: Flooring

As you can see flooring won out on the project this week.  You know when you’ve looked at images and read things 20 times and everything starts to blur so you go back and read it 10 more times.  That was me this week trying to figure out how to tackle this project, and not spend a lot of money.  I happened upon the Little Victorian blog, and while it’s been at least a year since the creator of the blog posted anything the information on how she created wood flooring for her doll house is really useful.  She got sample flooring from Home Depot that was free, and I thought humm…ok… free, that works, but at my Home Depot nothing is free, they sold single tiles.  So off to Home Depot again (cause I live in that store) to look for this flooring.  I wanted this grey floor tile but of course, it was out of stock, so I peeped another one, but I didn’t like that either, and they also only had two tiles left of that style.  I know I need at least 8 tiles for my little job and one just in case I mess up, so I was so disappointed when I couldn’t find what I really wanted.  So while digging through some really dusty shelves all of which were the wrong color I happened on the exact same one featured on the Little Victorian blog and at .69 cents ea…., well I just could beat that.  I spent a total of $6.00 dollars which didn’t break the bank so I was happy.
Now begins the hard fun part where I cut these down to size to mimic wood planks.  This process is going to take me at least two weekends.  There is just no way I can get it done in one, because…well, you know, I have real-life things to do.  So this weekends project I will cut them down and lay out the in a pattern that I think will work.  (UPDATE:: I just got too excited so I’ve started to stick them down on the upper level.
Here is what I used…
materials_used
sample1
sample2
sample4
dsc_6159
I still have to make some additional cuts to even out the planks + so they fit together tightly
sample5
This is where I’ve left off this weekend + I will finish a bit more + and hopefully wrap this project up next weekend.

You may also like...

0 Comments

  1. […] Details Project #6.1: Paint Touch-Up + Decals + and Window Framing Project #5 Wrap Up: Floors Done! Project #5: Flooring Project #4: Updates & Progress Project #3: Side Table Project #2: Pouf Seating Project #1: […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *